1 Person Standard Survival Kit
Item No. SK1SS
A 1-person, 72-hour survival kit packaged in a cooler style container for students, teachers, or employees to conveniently store in desks or the classroom. This economy survival kit contains basic emergency preparedness supplies to prepare for all disasters, including school and office lockdowns.
BENEFITS & DESCRIPTIONThe ER™ 1-Person Standard Survival Kit contains 72-hours of basic survival supplies packaged in a cooler-style bag. This kit will satisfy an individual's needs for food, water, lighting, communication, first aid, and protection against the elements. It conveniently stores in a vehicle, school locker, or office desk.
The Cooler-Style Survival kit checks off the basic necessities one person needs to shelter-in-place or evacuate during an emergency. Cost-effective, portable, and convenient to store, this versatile kit stores almost anywhere, even inside a vehicle. The future is uncertain - we cannot predict when a disaster will strike. Give yourself, your family, your students, or your staff peace of mind knowing they have emergency supplies on-hand.
- 3-day supply of rations: (1) ER™ 2400 Calorie Food bar and (3) Water Pouches. The U.S. Coast Guard tested, evaluated, and certified ER™ Emergency Rations to remain fresh for up to 5 years, even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. ER™ rations safely store outdoors or in areas exposed to temperatures ranging from 22°F to 149°F, -5.5°C to 65°C.
- Thermal emergency blanket: provides warmth and protection against the elements.
- First Aid & PPE Items: compact first aid kit, masks, tissue pack, and gloves provide treatment for minor injuries and help prevent the spread of illnesses.
- Neon green lightstick: provides up to 12-hours of emergency lighting and signaling.
- Solar Powered/Hand-Crank Dynamo Flashlight: Reliable light-source that does not require batteries.
- Emergency Contact Card: See "How to Create A Family Emergency Plan" to learn the vital role this card plays in your emergency preparedness plan.
Why do you need survival kits at school, the office, and the vehicle?
Following a catastrophic disaster during school or work hours, students and employees may shelter-in-place on campus for several hours, even days, until emergency personnel confirms their safe release. Depending on the severity of the disaster, staff may be without electricity, shelter, potable water, or sanitation facilities. Injuries may require immediate medical attention.
The simple addition of basic survival supplies ensures the employees and students under your protection have the supplies needed to turn an already dire situation into a survival situation. Failure to maintain adequate safety standards could open administrators up to liability if losses or injuries occur due to a facility's lack of preparation.
Alternatively, an emergency may happen on the road. A flat tire, snowstorm, or other severe weather may strand you in your vehicle for hours or even days. We've all seen news footage of drivers stranded in their cars during snowstorms or hurricane evacuations—many for hours at a time. You may not be able to prevent a roadside emergency, but you will at least have food, water, lighting, and warmth.
This kit makes a practical gift for family members!
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONSSKU: SK1SS
Brand: ER™ Emergency Ready
Weight: 4 lbs.
Dimensions: 9" x 7" x 6"
Shelf-life: up to 5 years (food, water), shelf life varies on some first aid items
Supply Duration: 3 days, 1 person
Disaster Usage: earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, winter storms, terrorist attacks, floods