Safety Backpack Survival Kit
BENEFITS & DESCRIPTIONThe ER™ Safety Backpack contains items to support students and their teachers during an extended lockdown, shelter-in-place or evacuation order. The compact backpack includes supplies to fulfill a disaster victim's need for food, water, sanitation, shelter, communication, lighting, and first aid. The versatility of this kit's contents prepares students and teachers for both an active shooter lockdown or a natural disaster while in school or out on a field trip. This kit's portability makes it a practical addition to field trips, school outings, or bus tours.
In addition to classrooms or school buses, this kit makes a practical accessory for long-distance truck drivers and drivers of recreational vehicles.
- (4) ER™ 2400 Calorie Food bars and (24) Water Pouches: Each bar contains (6) individual, pre-measured rations – serving size equals two rations/day/person. When rationed, the food bars can sustain up to 12 individuals for 1-day, four individuals for 3-days, or one person for 12 days. The U.S. Coast Guard tested, evaluated, and certified ER™ Emergency Food and Water Rations to remain fresh for up to 5 years, even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. Although we recommend you store this kit inside each classroom, ER™ rations can safely store outdoors or in areas exposed to temperatures ranging from -22°F - 149°F (-30°C - 65°C).
- (1) Solar/Hand-Crank Powered NOAA Weather Band AM/FM Radio, Flashlight combo with a built-in USB device charger for cell phones and other USB powered devices.
- First Aid & PPE: 25-Person First Aid Kit, and (4) surgical face masks provide treatment for minor injuries and help prevent the spread of illnesses.
- (4) Thermal blankets: Provide warmth or assistance to victims suffering from shock.
- (30) Aquatabs® Water Filtration Tablets: Each tablet treats up to 2 quarts of water.
- 12-hour fluorescent lightsticks
- Signaling 5-in-1 whistle: whistle, signal mirror, compass, flint, and hollow container for matches.
- Pack of (5) Candles: each candle burns for up to 5-hours
- Tissue Packs
- Pry Bar
- Pocket survival guide
ER™ Food Bars and Water Pouches have a 5-year shelf-life certified by the
U.S. Coast Guard, but some of the first aid items require replacement after two years. Reference blog post “ Maintaining Emergency Rations” in the ER™ Preparedness Blog for why you should not rely on store-bought canned goods and water bottles in your survival kit.
This kit makes an excellent gift for the adventurer in your life!
Why do classrooms need survival kits?
School administrators cannot predict when or if a disaster will impact their school. The odds of a natural disaster occurring during school hours vary depending on where you live. On the West Coast, a large earthquake could knock out electricity and disrupt water lines leaving injured students in darkened buildings without potable water to drink.
Conversely, A Lockdown situation can happen at any time, forcing students and staff to shelter-in-place for hours or more without food, water, or a bathroom.
Failure to maintain adequate safety standards could open administrators up to liability if losses or injuries occur due to a facility's lack of preparation. The simple addition of basic survival supplies ensures the employees and students under your protection have the supplies needed to turn an already dire situation into a survivable situation.
Reference the ER™ School Preparedness Guide or Vehicle Preparedness Guide for more detailed information.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONSSKU: SKSBPN
Brand: ER™ Emergency Ready
Weight: 20 lbs.
Dimensions: 12" x 7.5" x 18"
Shelf-life: up to 5 years (food, water, lightsticks, water purification tablets), shelf life varies on some first aid items
Supply Duration: 3 days, 4 people
Disaster Usage: earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, winter storms, terrorist attacks, floods
A 4-person, 3-day (1-person, 12-day) survival kit packaged in a portable backpack. This comprehensive survival kit is designed to store in a commercial/personal vehicle or school bus. It contains the necessary survival supplies needed during a roadside emergency or evacuation. Ideal for road trips, school fieldtrips or commercial trucking. The kit contains 2400 calorie food bars and water pouches, ponchos and thermal blankets for inclement weather, first aid supplies, a radio/flashlight combo that also charges cell phones, and other crucial items to help you survive any unexpected disaster. The food bars and water are certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to store safely for up to 5-years even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations of -22°F - 149°F (-30°C - 65°C) ensuring this kit can store safely in a vehicle.