Basic Emergency Blood Stopper Kit
Item No. QK-2164030
The Basic ER™ Blood Stopper Kit contains a CAT Tourniquet, pressure bandage, compressed rolled gauze and a thermal mylar blanket for the treatment of moderate to severe uncontrolled bleeding caused by penetrating wounds.
DESCRIPTIONThis kit is designed to enable non-emergency personnel to deliver life-saving treatment to an injured victim until EMS can arrive on scene. The kit includes a color-coded instruction card and an instructional/training video link. Packaged in a Neon Orange zippered pouch with a transparent front for increased visibility.
BENEFITSThe ER™ Blood Stopper Trauma kit empowers staff members and bystanders to fulfill a greater role in saving lives during mass casualty and active shooter incidents. The Basic Blood Stopper Kit complies with TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) regulations to effectively treat combat victims. The TCCC Standards are endorsed by both the American College of Surgeons and the National Association of EMT’s as an effective method to treat medium to severe body penetrating wounds. The Blood Stopper Kit also meets The Department of Homeland Securities STOP THE BLEED recommendations. The kit includes a color-coded instruction card and an instructional/training video link. Packaged in a Neon Orange zippered pouch with a transparent front for increased visibility. Designed to fit in AED cabinets. Includes "Stop the Bleed Kit Inside" identification sticker. Customized options are available.
Kit Includes a laminated, color coded instructional cardThe instructional card provides of picture of a human body that is color coded making it simple and easy to match the wounded area(s) of the body to the correct trauma product. Additionally, the directions on how to use each product are listed and easily explained on the card.
Easily train your staff with the included training videoOur ER™ digital training presentation, teaches how, why and where to use each blood stopping product. Concise directions are included in the form of written instructions, training videos and color pictures. The video is repetitive and thorough so our customers can not only learn how to use the products, but also grow confident in using them in a life threatening situation.
Why is a STOP THE BLEED kit important?
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation did a study on Active Shooter Incidents from 2000 to 2015. The study found that “The threat of Active Shooter incidents is increasing with the average being 17.6 /year which is three times higher than that of the first 5 years (5.2/year)."
- Severe uncontrolled bleeding can kill within minutes.
- The Blood Stopper Trauma complies with TCCC (Tactical Combat Causality Care) regulations to effectively treat combat victims.
- The TCCC Standards are endorsed by both the American College of Surgeons and the National Association of EMT’s as an effective method to treat medium to severe penetrating body wounds.
- The items in this kit meet and surpass the standards set forth by Homeland Securities "Stop the Bleed" Committee.