Safety Lockdown Container Survival Kit
Item No. SKSLDR
Survival kit designed for an extended lockdown or shelter-in-place situation. This comprehensive emergency survival kit contains items to nourish, shelter, and treat students and employees while sheltering-in-place. Survival products include 2400 calorie emergency food bars, water pouches,
BENEFITS & DESCRIPTIONThe ER™ Lockdown Survival Bucket Kit contains items to support students and their teachers during an extended lockdown or shelter-in-place order. The bucket includes supplies to fulfill a disaster victim's need for food, water, sanitation, shelter, communication, lighting, and first aid. The versatility of this kit's contents prepares students and teachers for both an active shooter lockdown or a natural disaster.
- (4) ER™ 2400 Calorie Food bars and (24) Water Pouches: Each bar contains (6) individual, pre-measured rations – serving size equals two rations/day/person. When rationed, the food bars can sustain up to 12 individuals for 1-day or four individuals for 3-days. The U.S. Coast Guard tested, evaluated, and certified ER™ Emergency Food and Water Rations to remain fresh for up to 5 years, even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. Although we recommend you store this kit inside each classroom, ER™ rations can safely store outdoors or in areas exposed to temperatures ranging from -22°F - 149°F (-30°C - 65°C).
- 5-Gallon Bucket Storage Container:
- Use for emergency sanitation purposes.
- Line the inside of the bucket with a sanitation bag (included), add toilet chemicals (included), then snap-on the toilet seat to create an emergency toilet.
- Use duct tape (included) and plastic sheeting (included) to erect a privacy shelter around the bucket.
- Alternatively, use the bucket to store potable water treated with Aquatabs® Water Filtration Tablets.
- Use for emergency sanitation purposes.
- (1) Solar/Hand-Crank Powered NOAA Weather Band AM/FM Radio, Flashlight combo with a built-in USB device charger for cell phones and other USB powered devices.
- First Aid & PPE: 25-Person First Aid Kit, and (4) surgical face masks provide treatment for minor injuries and help prevent the spread of illnesses.
- (4) Thermal blankets: Provide warmth or assistance to victims suffering from shock.
- (30) Aquatabs® Water Filtration Tablets: Each tablet treats up to 2 quarts of water.
- 12-hour fluorescent lightsticks
- Signaling 5-in-1 whistle: whistle, signal mirror, compass, flint, and hollow container for matches.
- Pack of (5) Candles: each candle burns for up to 5-hours
- Tissue Packs
- Pry Bar
- Pocket survival guide
ER™ Food Bars and Water Pouches have a 5-year shelf-life certified by the
U.S. Coast Guard, but some of the first aid items require replacement after two years. Reference blog post “ Maintaining Emergency Rations” in the ER™ Preparedness Blog for why you should not rely on store-bought canned goods and water bottles in your survival kit.
Why do classrooms need survival kits?
School administrators cannot predict when or if a disaster will impact their school. The odds of a natural disaster occurring during school hours vary depending on where you live. On the West Coast, a large earthquake could knock out electricity and disrupt water lines leaving injured students in darkened buildings without potable water to drink.
Conversely, A Lockdown situation can happen at any time, forcing students and staff to shelter-in-place for hours or more without food, water, or a bathroom.
Failure to maintain adequate safety standards could open administrators up to liability if losses or injuries occur due to a facility's lack of preparation. The simple addition of basic survival supplies ensures the employees and students under your protection have the supplies needed to turn an already dire situation into a survivable situation.
Reference the ER™ School Preparedness Guide for more detailed information on how you can prepare your school and student body.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONSSKU: SKSLDR
Brand: ER™ Emergency Ready
Weight: 25 lbs.
Dimensions: 12" x 12" x 14"
Shelf-life: up to 5 years (food, water, lightsticks, water purification tablets), shelf life varies on some first aid items
Supply Duration: 3 days, 4 people
Disaster Usage: earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, winter storms, terrorist attacks, floods