How To Customize Your Survival Kit
The ER™ Emergency Ready Survival Kitsinclude all the very essential preparedness supplies to survive an emergency; however, you must not forget to also include valuable personal items that will increase your ability to survive the aftermath of a major disaster. Follow the instructions below to help personalize your home survival kit by adding the following items:
- Open the waterproof storage container by pushing in on the center and prying up on the side edges, inch-by-inch, all the way around.
- Take out the out-of-state contact cards, fill them out, make sure that all of your loved ones have these with them at all times! The ability to use a telephone to contact family or rescue personnel is essential. We recommend that you fill out the Out of State Contact Cards that are included in your ER™ Survival Kit. Then, simply fill out the card with anyone's contact information who lives out of state.
- Add an old pair of walking shoes for each person. Following a major disaster, you may have to get out of a dark and cluttered building in a hurry. Thus, you may not have appropriate footwear after your evacuation and shouldn't re-enter the building until designated safe (there is also a lot of broken glass and dangerous debris around following a disaster).
- Similarly, many people require the use of contacts or eyeglasses, it is important to keep a spare pair in your earthquake kit as well. One thing you will certainly need in time of emergency is ability to see hazards.
- Many people also require medications or treatments such as insulin. Don't forget to include at least three days worth of your required daily dosages.
- Just in case you didn't think of everything, or you get stranded for an extended period, you need to store an emergency cash reserve in home survival kit. About $100 in small denominations could potentially get you out of some scary situations (don't forget...ATM machines will be out of service as well).
- Other suggested additions include - baby supplies, sanitary supplies (napkins, paper), and additional emergency food & water (its recommended to store a home survival kit with enough supplies for as many people that may be in your home when an emergency strikes.
Purchase Earthquake Survival Kits
Pre-Assembled with everything you need to survive the aftermath of an earthquakeShop Now