4 Person Deluxe Backpack Survival Kit
BENEFITS & DESCRIPTIONThe ER™ 4-Person Backpack Survival Kit contains 72-hours of basic survival supplies to satisfy the needs of four individuals for food, water, lighting, communication, first aid, and protection against the elements.
This budget-friendly Survival kit checks off all the necessities four people need to shelter-in-place or evacuate during an emergency, either at home or on the go. This versatile kit safely stores in a vehicle within exposure to temperature fluctuations of -22°F to 149°F (-30°C to 65°C).
Expert Tip: Store this bag in your vehicle or office and keep an ER™ Home Survival Kit in your home to ensure you will always have supplies on hand.
- 3-day supply per person of ER™ 2400 Calorie Food bars and Water Pouches: One bar and three water pouches provide 72-hours of sustenance for one person. The U.S. Coast Guard tested, evaluated, and certified ER™ Emergency Rations to remain fresh for up to 5 years, even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. ER™ rations safely store outdoors or in areas exposed to temperatures ranging from -22°F to 149°F (-30°C to 65°C).
- Hand-Crank/Solar Powered Flashlight: Does not require batteries.
- First Aid & PPE: (1) First Aid Kit , and (4) surgical face masks, provide treatment for minor injuries and help prevent the spread of illnesses.
- (2) Thermal blankets, (2) Ponchos: Protect against the elements when sheltering outside.
- (10) Aquatabs® Water Filtration Tablets: Each tablet treats up to 2 quarts of water.
- AM/FM Radio: Batteries included.
- 12-hour fluorescent lightstick
- 5-in-1 whistle: whistle, signal mirror, compass, flint, and hollow container for matches
- Pocket survival guide
- Emergency Contact Cards
ER™ Food Bars and Water Pouches have a 5-year shelf-life certified by the U.S. Coast Guard, but some of the first aid items require replacement after two years. Reference blog post “Maintaining Emergency Rations” in the ER™ Preparedness Blog for why you should not rely on store-bought canned goods and water bottles in your survival kit.
Why do you need this kit?
We recommend storing a portable kit inside your vehicle to prepare for an evacuation or roadside emergency. Each winter, thousands of motorists across the country find themselves stalled on icy roads, stuck in long lines of traffic, or stranded in ditches waiting hours for assistance. Rest easy knowing you have a supply of emergency items at the ready if you need to shelter-in-place inside your vehicle for an extended amount of time. If a wide-spread disaster such as an earthquake or wildfire should occur, a quick evacuation may be necessary. Save time and stress by already having a "go bag" of essential items stored in your vehicle.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONSSKU: SKBP4SS
Brand: ER™ Emergency Ready
Weight: 16 lbs.
Dimensions: 12" x 7.5" x 18"
Shelf-life: up to 5 years (food, water), shelf life varies on some first aid items
Supply Duration: 3 days, 4 people
Disaster Usage: earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, winter storms, terrorist attacks, floods
A 4-person, 72-hour portable survival kit packaged in a nylon backpack designed to safely store in a vehicle. This kit is a more basic version of our Ultimate Deluxe Car Survival Kit yet still contains the necessary survival supplies needed during a roadside emergency or evacuation. The kit includes 2400 Calorie Food Bars and water pouches to provide 72-hours of nourishment for up to 2 people. The food bars can be crumbled and mixed with water for young children. In addition, the kit includes ponchos and thermal blankets for inclement weather, first aid supplies, a dynamo-powered mini flashlight, battery-operated AM/FM radio, survival guide, water purification tablets, and other crucial items to help your family survive any unexpected disaster while on the road. The food bars and water pouches are certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to store safely for up to 5-years even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations ensuring this kit can store safely inside your vehicle within -22°F to 149°F (-30°C to 65°C).
Great basic kit
Bought this to replace the core items in a kit I already had as the food bars and water pouches only have a shelf life of 5 years the backpack is better and the little radio and wind up flashlight are better than what I had my only gripe is the first aid kit could have been a little bigger for 4 people but I can add to it I also added more light sticks and more batteries for the radio and put the water pouches in ziplock bags in case they developed a leak I would definitely recommend this kit for someone as a starter kit or to replace expired items in a kit they already have