4 Person Standard Survival Kit
Item No. SKH4SR
A 4-person, 72-hour basic survival kit packaged in a 5-gallon water-resistant bucket container with a snap-on toilet seat. Perfect for a family of four. This kit is a more basic version of our Ultimate Deluxe Home Survival Kit. It contains the most necessary survival items needed to shelter-in-place
BENEFITS & DESCRIPTIONThe Budget-Friendly ER™ 4-Person Survival Kit outfits a family of four with 72-hours of basic emergency supplies, including food and water.
Assembling a survival kit can be daunting, especially when preparing a family for an extended shelter-in-place situation. We simplified the process by packing the essential items your family will need into an easy-to-store 5-gallon bucket. All you need to do is find an easily accessible
storage location and note the kit's expiration dates.
Expert Tip: Store this kit in your home and an ER™ Car Survival Kit in your vehicle.
- 3-day supply per person of ER™ 2400 Calorie Food bars and Water Pouches: one bar and three water pouches provide 72-hours of sustenance for one person. The U.S. Coast Guard tested, evaluated, and certified ER™ Emergency Rations to remain fresh for up to 5 years, even when exposed to extreme temperature fluctuations. ER™ rations safely store outdoors or in areas exposed to temperatures ranging from -22°F to 149°F (-30°C to 65°C).
- 5-Gallon Bucket Storage Container: The bucket has several strategic survival and storage advantages.
- Emergency Sanitation: bucket includes a snap-on toilet seat.
- Collect and treat water with Aqutabs® Water Purification Strips (included).
- The water-resistant containers store safely anywhere inside or outside an office building within a temperature range of -22°F to 149°F (-30°C to 65°C).
- Hand-Crank/Solar Powered Flashlight: does not require batteries.
- First Aid & PPE: (1) First Aid Kit , and (4) surgical face masks, provide treatment for minor injuries and help prevent the spread of illnesses.
- (4) Thermal blankets, (4) Ponchos: protect against the elements when sheltering outside.
- (10) Aquatabs® Water Filtration Tablets: Each tablet treats up to 2 quarts of water.
- AM/FM Radio: batteries included
- 12-hour fluorescent lightstick
- 5-in-1 whistle: whistle, signal mirror, compass, flint, and hollow container for matches.
- Pocket survival guide
- Emergency Contact Cards
ER™ Food Bars and Water Pouches have a 5-year shelf-life certified by the
U.S. Coast Guard, but some of the first aid items require replacement after two years. Reference blog post “ Maintaining Emergency Rations” in the ER™ Preparedness Blog for why you should not rely on store-bought canned goods and water bottles in your survival kit.
Why do you need a survival kit at home?
The key to survival is self-sufficiency. If a wide-spread disaster occurs,
paramedics or disaster relief organizations such as the Red Cross will not be able to administer aid for several days or more. The more prepared your family is in advance of a major disaster, the better your odds are of surviving it. In a best-case scenario, your house loses electricity but is still habitable. Worst case, your home is no longer structurally safe to inhabit, forcing your family to shelter outdoors.
Additionally, family members may have sustained injuries with no help available. The simple addition of a survival kit ensures your family has the supplies needed to turn an already dire situation into a survivable situation.
Reference the ER™ Home Preparedness Guide for more detailed information on how you can prepare your home.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONSSKU: SKH4SR
Brand: ER™ Emergency Ready
Weight: 17 lbs.
Dimensions: 12" x 14" x 12"
Shelf-life: up to 5 years (food, water), shelf life varies on some first aid items
Supply Duration: 3 days, 4 people
Disaster Usage: earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, winter storms, terrorist attacks, floods